Illustrations are available in various "stages", detail levels, and styles. The prices listed below are ranges of what you might expect for a particular detail level commission. Many different factors affect the price, so some of the ranges can be quite large. I've done my best to explain how a detail level is decided, based on what the customer asks for and how I determine the final price. If the customer can point to specific pieces in my gallery that reflect the style and detail level they'd like, a price quote will become much easier.
These prices are single character only. For multiple characters, please provide refs to all characters involved and I can give you a quote. The high end of the price spectrum reflects if a lot of complexity stacks up. Most commissions will fall into the low to mid range of the prices listed.
A commission falls under simple inks if the customer requests simple inks AND if there are very few small details in the image. There are no examples of simple ink on their own, so please see the simple flat examples below.
$35 - $85
Simple Flat Illustration
If a character is mostly one or two colors with no or few markings, and simple or no clothing, it falls under simple flats. Includes ink. If detailed ink is determined, price may be on the higher end of the range.
$50 - $115
Simple Render Illustration
Broad, soft shading, with minimal hard shadows and simple lighting. Includes inks and flats. With detailed ink and/or detailed flat, price will be around the high end.
$65 - $160
Detailed Ink Illustration
For many small or intricate details expressed with lineart. Things like detailed hair, feathers, horns, clothing, jewelry, accessories, weapons, etc, may fall under this. There are no examples of detailed ink on their own, so please see the detailed render examples.
$80 - $160
Detailed Flat Illustration
Characters with many spots, stripes, tattoos, intricate patterns may fall under this. Clothing and accessories with textures, stitching, embroidery, engravings, etc may also fall under this. There are no examples of detailed flat on their own, so please see the detailed render examples.
$60 - $235
Detailed Render Illustration
Attention paid to fur and hair strands/clumps, cast shadows, form shadows, and more. Includes inks and flats.
$110 - $350
Detailed Painted Illustration
Fully rendered and detailed scene, with detailed background.
$300 - $600
Simple Painted Illustration
Lineless painting, a bit rough, simple or no background.
$80 - $150
- Be sure to read my TOS completely before attempting to purchase a commission.
- You may ask for a quote if you are unsure what the price will be.
- In order to provide you with an accurate quote, I require the full description of your idea, all character references, and all additional references that may be needed.
- Attach all references to the email. Links are not acceptable unless it is a link to a permanent dropbox or google drive folder.
- Once a price is agreed upon, I will send you a payment link. You may pay it whenever you are ready, but work will not start until payment has been received.
- I can do payment plans if required, or hourly work instead of flat rate. My hourly rate is $15/h. Please see the section of my TOS about incremental payments.
- You may schedule streams to watch me work on your illustration, or if you cannot, I will send these WIP shots: rough sketch, tidy sketch, lineart (if applicable), rough color composition (if applicable). For each WIP I send, you are allowed to request as many small fixes or changes as needed as long as they are all contained with the one reply. You are allowed to request major changes (different pose, different scene) only at the rough sketch stage. Please take your time to look over the WIP thoroughly before sending a revisions reply. Any extra changes past those allotted will be charged extra at $15/hour.
- If you're having it streamed, you can ask for minor edits at any time.
- Depending on the size and type of the illustration, and my schedule, it can take anywhere from a week to three months to complete the commission.