I offer various levels of character design, depending on what you need. I can help you design any type of character, ranging from human(oid), to anthropomorphic, or any type of creature.
All the examples below are currently furry/anthropomorphic, but please don’t be shy, give me some humans and humanoids to design!
Simple Single Design
Expect a front view and neatly sketched lines at the least. Depending on the character itself, and if the design process goes quickly, inked lines and/or a back view may be added for no extra charge. Only three hours maximum will be spent on this.
Character can be nude, or clothing from/inspired by a reference picture can be added.
Detailed Single Design
Six hours maximum will be spent on this design. Will include everything in the simple character design, plus:
- a back view
- one complete outfit design
- a couple uncolored expression or action sketches
If time allows, or extra design time is requested, may also include:
- extra outfits, hairstyles, expressions or poses
- accessories, odds and ends, and other possessions
$25 - $35
The base batch fee is $25 for a batch of 3, $35 for a batch of 6.
- The price includes the design process for the batch, plus your one favorite of the final designs. The remaining designs will be sold individually for $20 each, either to you, if you want them, or offered to the public.
- Base designs will be front view only. I can design the back of your chosen designs for $10-$20 each depending on how complex it is.
- For each design batch, you get three “specifics” details, which are things you decide each design MUST have, such as particular species, species group, hybrid type, color, color scheme, body type, sex, etc. The non-specified details will be my own decisions. Bits of the different designs can also be mixed and matched during the process to get a design you love. So if you like the color of A, but the markings on B, they can be combined.
All remaining designs that you don’t purchase yourself will be offered for sale publicly. Posting the sheet of designs on your own page and linking to my submission of the same to advertise the designs is highly welcome.
What is the difference between a reference sheet and a character design, and which should you choose?
A design is for when you have a general idea for a character you’d like to create, but aren’t certain on the exact details and want to see various options with the traits you desire, or want to design a specific new character with the help of the artist.
A reference sheet is for an already designed character. You may already have an old reference that needs to be updated, or just multiple images of the character. You may even have only a text description and photo references of the attributes that you want, but you already know what the character should look like, designwise.
If you need to have a design done, but know that you’ll eventually want a nicer reference sheet, a finished design can be upgraded into a reference sheet for the price of the sheet minus the design price, as long as the design pose can be used as a base for the ref sheet. This upgrade option is only available for up to two months after the design was finalized, otherwise the ref sheet will be full price.
Most people opt to just get the ref sheet separately, because the poses for the character design are very basic and meant to plan out the colors and markings in the most visible manner, whereas actual ref sheet poses are chosen to be a bit more dynamic with character personality in mind.
- Read this whole page, my TOS, especially the will/won’t section, (and Stream Rules if you’ll be visiting a stream). By commissioning me, you agree to these terms. If you do not read them, it is your fault.
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Attach, or embed reasonably sized reference files into the email. Links are NOT preferred.
- Please include your FA (or other gallery) name.
- Your design ideas/specifics. Species, colors, hairstyle, general style, etc. References welcome.
- Any other relevant descriptions needed.